The Federal Metropolitan Area Network (FedMAN) connects the various federal government services while providing them with central access to the Internet.
- Highly efficient network infrastructure with access points using an Ethernet interface;
- Virtual, private networks available for protected applications;
- Infrastructure maintenance plus network administration, monitoring and support;
- Virtual Leased Line (VLL) and Virtual Private Lan Service (VPLS) available subject to conditions. VLL and VPLS connect various FedMAN access points virtually without the use of leased lines;
- De-duplicated architecture for high availability and reliability;
- Can be combined with other network services.